- Vein Services
- Pay My Bill
Varicose vein treatment in Windermere
Varithena for Varicose Veins
Tackle Varicose Veins with Varithena
Varicose veins are not only unsightly at times, but they can also cause discomfort, itchiness, and pain.
With Varithena, you can treat varicose veins in as little as one treatment! This prescription-strength medication is injected into the damaged veins, which causes them to collapse and directs blood to healthy veins nearby.
Why try Varithena Vein Treatment in Windermere?
Each varicose vein treatment typically takes less than an hour.
Treatment requires no more than two needle sticks per treatment!
Most patients only require one treatment to reduce the appearance of varicose veins!
The Varithena Vein Treatment Process
What to Expect?
Prior to treatment, we'll sit down to discuss your concerns and desired results. During this time, we'll discuss your medical history, and answer any questions you may have about the treatment.
During your varicose vein treatment in Windermere, you'll sit comfortably in one of our treatment rooms. We may mark the offending vein(s) with a pen for reference. With 1 to 2 needle pokes, we'll insert the medication into the vein(s).
We'll ensure the success of the treatment with follow-up appointments.
Prior to Varithena Vein Treatment in Windermere, Lumina Vein & Aesthetics recommends:
- Stop taking any NSAID medications (such as ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin), vitamin E, or herbal supplements 48 hours before treatment to reduce your chances of bruising.
- Depending on where you’re receiving treatment, wear light, breathable clothing or shorts.
- Talk to your provider to see if they have any additional pre-care instructions prior to your first treatment.
After Varithena Vein Treatment in Windermere, Lumina Vein & Aesthetics recommends:
- Walk around directly after treatment to improve results and minimize the chance of bruising or discoloration of blood vessels in the treatment area.
- Wear compression stockings after treatment. Depending on the area being treated, we recommend wearing them for up to 3 weeks. Consult your physician to determine your care timeline.
- For up to 72 hours after treatment, patients should avoid: intense exercise, hot baths, saunas, prolonged sun exposure, and flights.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many treatments will I need?
For most patients, one treatment is all it takes to correct varicose veins. For some, however, a few treatments may be necessary.
Is there any downtime?
You can resume most of your normal activities the same day as your treatment! There are a few things to avoid in the following weeks, such as heavy exercise. You should also continue to wear support garments and walk at least 10 minutes every day for up to a month after your treatment.
Does Varithena hurt?
Although Varithena requires a needle stick, we work hard to keep our patients comfortable during the procedure. In clinical trials, only 4% of patients reported feeling pain at the injection site.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.Virtual Consultation